The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Office in Greece is looking for a Project Manager (full-time, permanent) with focus on the topic Migration with responsibility for activities in Greece and Southern Europe (Mediterranean). The position is located in Athens. Starting is 1. February 2019.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping with its eponym, it is committed to the thought and action of the socialist Rosa Luxemburg. Our work seeks to support emancipatory political actors, and help forge alternative social models founded on democratic socialist values.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung office in Greece acts as a political education organization. Our work supports activities that critically engage with economic politics, antifascism, feminism, history and migration policies. The latter is the core of the vacancy.
Your tasks include:
- preparing, implementing and evaluating projects and events and managing their funding;
- researching and reviewing topics and actors in the field of migration; preparing analyses and texts;
- reporting and documentation of projects, events, materials;
- cooperating with institutions, NGOs, initiatives and other partners of the office;
- supporting partners in the preparation of events and publications (studies, policy papers,…) including administration and full documentation procedures;
- performing general office tasks.
What we require:
- relevant academic background and/or relevant experience;
- excellent knowledge about Migration policies and the broad field of migration related organisations, both in Greece and internationally;
- demonstrated experience in project management including administrative handling of projects, planning, organizing, reporting and documentation of projects and events;
- fluent Greek and English language skills (spoken and written), German is a plus;
- very good computer skills; familiarity with social media is a plus
- inter-cultural competence;
- communication and organisational skills independently and within a team; collegiality is essential
- Willingness and availability to travel and to occasionally work on weekends and evenings
- identification with the values of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung;
What we offer:
- a diverse field of responsibility with great potential for creativity and development ;
- a broad international network of RLS-offices and partners;
- an open-minded and friendly team and work-environment
- remuneration according to the local standard applicable in Greece.
Please send your detailed job application including a motivation letter and CV (in English), University Diploma respectively profession certificate and references (in the original language), by e-mail (preferably in one file) until 30. November 2018, to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Office in Greece
e-mail: [email protected]
We will send a receipt confirmation of your application.
Job-Interviews will take place on 13th and 14th of December 2018 with notifications/invitations on December 7th.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung pursues an equal opportunities policy.