Vacancy: Office / PR Manager in Athens/Greece
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Office in Greece is looking for an Office and Public Relations Manager (full-time, permanent). The position is located in Athens, starting 1. October 2019.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping with its eponym, it is committed to the thought and action of the socialist Rosa Luxemburg. Our work seeks to support emancipatory political actors and help forge alternative social models founded on democratic socialist values.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung office in Greece acts as a political education organization. Our work includes the development and support of activities that critically analyze and engage with economic politics, antifascism and antiracism, feminism, history, migration and leftist actors and policies in Greece, Europe and worldwide
Your tasks include:
- Managing office maintenance and relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, including budgeting and invoice controlling
- Ordering office supplies, necessary general / IT equipment
- Managing office general expenses and office inventory
- Handling distribution of publications (courier/post office)
- Managing Framework contracts for various services
- Developing a communication strategy for activities of RLS Office in Greece
- Coordinating all public relations activities
- Managing the offices website and social media channels
- Creating the offices Newsletter
- Writing and editing texts for political education, teasers and announcements for publications and events for the RLS website and social media in English and Greek
- Participating in the development and implementation of public events
- Cooperation with the RLS PR department in Berlin
What we require:
- relevant professional background and/or relevant experience
- fluent Greek and English language skills (spoken and written), German is a plus
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, podcasts etc.
- Solid computer/software skills, including Mailchimp and CMS
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with the issues/topics RLS is working on
- inter-cultural competence
- communication and organizational skills independently and within a team; collegiality is essential
- Willingness and availability to travel and to occasionally work on weekends and evenings
- identification with the values of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
What we offer:
- a diverse field of responsibility with great potential for creativity and development
- a broad international network of RLS-offices and partners
- an open-minded and friendly team and work-environment
- remuneration according to the local standard applicable in Greece
Please send your detailed job application including a motivation letter, CV (in English) and text samples (English and Greek), University Diploma respectively profession certificate and references (in the original language), by e-mail (preferably in one file) until 8. September to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Office in Greece
e-mail: [email protected]
We will send a receipt confirmation of your application.
Job-Interviews will take place in Athens on 23. and 24. September 2019 with prior notification/invitation on 16. September.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung pursues an equal opportunities policy.