Searching for a new home: people on the move, societies at a standstill?
Babel Day Centre (mental health unit for migrants and refugees) and Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Office in Greece would like to invite you on Thursday 11th of October at 19:00 to the open event-discussion: “Searching for a new home: People on the Move, Societies at a Standstill?”
This event will bring together an interdisciplinary team of mental health professionals from Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Italy, Spain and Greece. It is our wish that discussion with them can assist in further elucidating the impact of the refugee condition on the psychosocial wellbeing of all who are involved, whether directly or indirectly.
This gathering could be a step towards breaking the existing narrative in a way that we can reframe dominant polarized discourses of countries that “produce” and countries which “receive” migrants. Ultimately, we hope that the shared expertise, ideas and dreams of people with vastly diverse experiences can lead to more productive dialogue that goes beyond “post-migration” societies.
Discussing on the panel:
- Yolla Moukarzel (Syria) - IMC Syria
- Mariam Mzoughi (Tunis) - Tunisie Terre D’ Asyle
- Ozlem Legat (Turkey) - Human Resource Development Foundation
- Monica Serrano (Italy) – Aelle il Punto
- Francisco Collazos (Spain) – Vall d’ Hebron University Hospital
- Νίκος Γκιωνάκης (Greece) – Babel Day Center
Simultaneous interpretation (Greek, English, Arabic).